Bandit’s most popular whole tree chipper is the Model 2590. Officially rated as a 22-inch capacity whole tree chipper, the Model 2590 actually has a 26.25-inch by 30-inch chipper throat opening so it easily handles large whole trees, tops, and logging slash. It features Bandit’s unique Slide Box Feed System, and is available with a dedicated microchip drum. Depending on engine options, the Model 2590 can fully load chip trailers in around 18 minutes. A standard 7 1/2′ infeed conveyor provides further assistance for loading and pulling material into the chipper.
Customers can choose from Caterpillar engine options that include a Caterpillar C15 (540 hp) or C18 (755 hp). The standard forestry style stationary discharge chute enhances chipping throwing velocity fully packing chip vans to their max capacity.
The powerful feed system on the 2590 is capable of generating just over 16,500 pounds of total pulling power easily pulling in whole trees making the unit easier to feed and more productive. The direct down pressure provided by the standard hydraulic lift cylinder generates 7,100 pounds of down pressure to easily crush material into the chipper. These combinations allow the 2590 to easily process a wide array of trees with unmatched pulling and compressing power.
- (1) 27″ diameter x 36″ wide top feed wheel (Driven via (2) 63.9 CID motors / chain)
- (1) 10 5/8″ diameter x 36″ wide bottom feed wheel (Driven via 14.5 CID motor / gearbox)
- 37″ diameter x 30″ wide drum with six knives
- Tandem 20,000 air brakes axles with dual or super single tires
- Forestry style discharge with hydraulic side to side / up or down end deflector
- Standard 7 1/2′ infeed conveyor
- 3″ pintle ring or fifth wheel hitch options available
- Choose from Dual edge or Babitted style knives
Give us a call and we will match you with a machine that meets your needs